- Hire a consultant that specializes in the spend category that you want to explore.
- There are cost reduction specialists in the areas of medical/surgical supplies, pharmaceuticals, medical waste, utilities, phone bills, employee benefits, taxes, etc.
- If you want a consultant to look at medical/surgical supplies, make sure that they have a clinical background and understand the products and equipment used in the OR.
- Hire a consultant that only gets paid a percentage of the actual, verified savings.
- Hire a consultant that offers a savings guarantee
For more information on Ambulatory Surgery Center cost containment, visit our resource hub.